Before summer really sets in, you must make sure that your air conditioner unit is functioning perfectly well and also you must get its preventive maintenance done. This will ensure that throughout the summer you will continue to get cool air and have a comfortable summer.
Airconservicing is the best aircon servicing Singapore company available which is a very highly rated company by all its customers. The company is in this business for a sufficient length of time and will offer you a reliable service at a very reasonable cost.
It is a good idea to run a system check right now to see if there are any issues or maintenance that need to be done.
By examining your system, you can make easy repairs or schedule professional servicing before the weather warms up.
Inspect all your indoor components
Let us start with the indoor unit. Here you must ensure that your thermostat is off and the temperature has been set to about 26 to 27°C to guarantee that your AC doesn’t kick on.
- Ductwork: Examine any exposed ductwork in the home for signs of typical wear and tear, and also cracks that could result in airflow loss and inefficiency.
- Thermostat: Older thermostats might cost you more money and energy over time. If yours is looking a little worn out, now is the right time to replace it with a new programmed one.
- Vents: Identify and inspect all of your home’s air vents. Ensure that none are obstructed by furniture or other objects and they are clean and dust-free. If you see a dust build-up, hair, or debris, vacuum them out.
- Drain line: A drain line is located next to the interior cooling coil, which is normally positioned above your furnace. Check to see if it’s congested or on the verge of being clogged. If it appears to be filthy, you should get it professionally cleaned for restoring your system’s effectiveness.
- Air filter: Air filters should be replaced at the start of each new season, and also every three months while in use (more in case you have pets).
- Power switch: Ensure that the primary power switch is switched on, which should be situated on or very close to your actual unit.
- Circuits: Carefully check to ensure that all the electrical connections remain perfect.
Inspect all your outdoor components
After that, it is time to move to your air conditioners outside unit.
- Condenser unit: On all sides of your unit must be clean and clear, with all of its panels and covering in place. If leaves or other debris accumulate around your system, then it can have a significant impact on its operation, and any exposed electrical components can easily be damaged.
- Refrigerant lines: Your refrigerant lines should all be well-insulated. If they aren’t, you’ll need to get an expert to fix them.
- Electrical wiring: If your system’s external wiring has been damaged, you’ll need to call any professional for repair before you turn your AC on.
Going through all these steps will ensure that your AC will have a smooth start when you switch it on after a long time.