Floors are always a crucial part of every building, regardless of commercial or residential areas. According to a survey, people tend to notice the surface before anything. No matter how beautiful and systematically you may have decorated your room – only a floor can set or ruin your first impression. Floors have been in the process of innovation since the very beginning. Every year you may find a new type or up-gradation.
Thanks to technology, the development process has been sped up and not only this; new and new types of floorings are also introduced in the market now and then. These developments and additions are making life more comfortable and floors beautiful. Now you may have a wide range of choices for every flooring need. Like, you can always go on different floors for corridors and the kitchen and living room. Also, it is not necessary that tiles would be your standard flooring in commercial places.
A wooden floor is one of the types that are making our home beautiful for a long time. Innovations and up gradations have made it more useful and functional. It is also known as the floor for our styles. On the other hand, you may have new flooring options, and popular among them is the Rubber floor. Rubber is natural as wood and contains a non-ending list of functions and benefits. This guide here might help you decide which floor might serve you best wood or Rubber as your flooring solution.
Wooden Flooring Pros and cons
- Strong and Durable: As the main feature of wood floors is robust and best in quality. Wooden floors now come with extra lamination or coating. These add-ons give it a boost of durability, and they become less prone to water damage – which guarantees a longer life than expected.
- Enhance the look: The color combinations and grace of wood enhance the look of a room; if wood planks are arranged in some systematic and creative arrangements, they make the floor or some specific corner center of attraction.
- Style of all ages: The color and style of wood always mix and match every type of decorations and lifestyle.
- Maintenance & usage: Wood floors are good with heavy foot traffic and a simple scratch or shock doesn’t affect it much.
- A good quality wood might be expensive as compared to other floorings.
- Wood floors are excellent with heavy foot traffic but prone to water damage and constant shocks or dragging can damage its surface. So wood might not be the right choice in humid areas, gyms, and many commercial places.
Rubber Floors Pros and Cons:
- Designs and versatility: Rubber floors are available in different color design patterns and types. You can go for rubber tiles of different colors and arrange them to present a bright look or create some designs on the floors of children’s playgrounds.
- Durable: Rubber Floors are durable and long-lasting – if taken care of well, they work great in the long run.
- Economical Choice: Rubber floors are a biodegradable product more comfortable with recycling and available in very economical rates
- Resistant factors: Rubber is excellent electric static current resistant; it is also anti-allergic, a reasonable noise insulator, and water-resistant. So there is very little chance of mildew or mold. Also, rubber floors are excellent for shock These factors make a rubber floor safe and prefer choice for children to play areas indoors or outdoors and for many commercial areas like hospitals, labs, and gyms. Gyms love Rubber as their floors; it gives a smooth look and excellent shock absorber, which is the most needed factor for gyms.
- Rubber tiles are available in different colors, but they get dull quickly and not the right choice for outdoors as sun rays can affect its surface.
- Maintenance: Although rubber tiles are easy to maintain, a single scratch on its surface might change the complete roll sheet.
Rubber floors can prove an excellent choice in the commercial sector, whereas wood floors are the best household selection. Both rubber and hardwood floorings have their perks and drawbacks, and both can be avoided if they are smartly installed.